Create and Export a Vita with New Vita Builder
It is easier than ever to create and export a new vita using the data about scholarly activities in our system. Users can build vitas based on a vita template and formatted according to personal needs, or the standards of an institution. With our new vita builder, users can add custom text, choose from new citation styles, and have more options for styling text in vita exports.
All vitas must be based on a template, either your own personal template, or a template from your institution. To build a vita, you will first have to build a template, or find a template to use as a starting point.
Create and Export Vita
1. Navigate to Add New Vita under Vitas
Navigation: Vitas > Add New Vita
- Click Vitas under the Vitas & Biosketches section of the navigation menu in Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR, Faculty180).
- Click the Add New Vita at the top of the screen.
2. Fill out Vita information
- Select the Personal or Institutional as the type of vita to add.
- Enter the Vita Name and Description.
- Select the Unit (for Institutional Vitas) and desired Template.
A default Standard Vita Template is provided by Interfolio.
- Click Add New Vita when finished.
3. Refresh Vita with desired term
- Select between academic year or calendar year.
- Select a Start Term and End Term (such as Spring or Fall) from the dropdown menu, including the year.
- Select a citation format from the dropdown list.
The record of any works that are drawn into the CV will be cited using the selected format.
- Click Refresh Vita after the date range and citation format is set to update the data in the CV.
4. Add custom text to sections
- Click the Pencil icon adjacent to the desired section on the preview of the vita to add custom text to a section.
- Enter freeform text into the custom text field. Users can also select font styling for custom text. T
- Border placement and border width settings allow users to add a border above or below the custom text and set the width of the border.
Note that the new Add Custom Text feature for a generated vita is not supported with FAR to RPT integration. The FAR to RPT integration generates a Vita in real-time based on a template (not by pulling a personalized, generated vita directly from a user’s account).
5. Save/Export Vita
- Click any of the Save buttons at the top of the page to save the work done on the current vita.
Save as New Vita creates a new vita that inherits all the settings of the current vita and gives the new vita a name and description.
Note that the first release will not permit the bolding of the author amongst a list of co-authors/co-contributors within a publication.
- Clicking Export opens up a dropdown menu to select between creating a Shareable link (to be opened in a web browser) or a PDF print-out of the vita.
- Save as New Vita creates a new vita that inherits all the settings of the current vita and gives the new vita a name and description.
- Click Archive adjacent to the vita to be deleted. Archived vitas will appear on a tab where they can be sorted by Personal or Institutional vita types.
- From here, users can also restore, view, and permanently delete archived vitas.