Scholarly Contributions & Creative Productions: Import from Medline/PubMed
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configure the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
Citations can be imported into FACULTY180 from Medline/PubMed.
FACULTY180 has a very sophisticated algorithm to compare the fields of the imported Scholarly Contributions and Creative Productions with current activities in the database, and then clearly shows the faculty member which activities it flagged as possible duplicates.
Importing Citations from Medline/PubMed
- Navigate to the Activity Input form using one of the following methods:
- Click the Activities link in the menu.
- Click the Action item in the To Do section, if the link is displayed there.
- Click the Activities link in the Manage Your Data section.
- The Activities form displays. Scroll down to the Scholarly Contributions and Creative Productions section.
- Click the Add button.
- The Activity Input screen displays. Click the Medline / PubMed import option.
- Click the Continue button.
- If necessary, change the maximum number of records to return. The default is '25'. Select the Hide Duplicates check box if you wish to hide duplicate records.
- Select then Search field using the drop-down. Then, enter the Search Word / Term.
- Click the Search button.
- The citations from the file are listed. Select (by checking the box next to the citation) the citations to import. Citations that have already been imported are identified as strike-through text these entries are disabled.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click Import Selected.
- Review the Year Published, Semester and Year for each citation to be imported and modify as needed. The table at the bottom of the page identifies any possible duplicates.
- Click Save.
- The import report is repeated. Click Go Back to return to the Scholarly Contribution section.