Activity Input Report
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configurable the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
The Activity Input Report provides reporting on the Activity Input sections, based on the sections in the institution's database. Sections can include Teaching, Advising Load, Professional Development, Institutional Committees, Other Institutional Service, Grants, and more. The Activity Input Report can be run to provide answers to such questions as:
- How many entries does a particular faculty member have for Student Supervision for the period Spring 2015 Spring 2016? Then, drill down to determine the number of real entries for the faculty member.
- What is the total Advising Load for a faculty member for Spring 2014 to Spring 2016? What is the breakdown by Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral and Other levels for each term?
- What is the enrollment count for the College of Business for Fall 2011 through Spring 2012?
Report access is based upon a user's permissions. For example, a provost might have permissions to access all reports at the university level and below, while deans might only have access to reports for their colleges.
- To access the report, click the Admin menu, then click Reports. The Reports screen displays.
- Select Activity Input Report (under Activity Reports).
See the image below to see the location of these fields:
- Unit: The unit defaults to University. Click Change to select a different unit.
- Form: Select the appropriate Activity Input form.
Activity: Select the appropriate Activity Input section. This selects the data to include in the report.
Note: Summary includes all sections of the Activity Input Form.
- Measure of Teaching: Select the measure of teaching. For example, enrollment indicates the number shown is related to enrollment.
- Begin and End: Select the academic terms for the data to be reported.
- Display Mode: Select the appropriate option regarding the data display (i.e. Count Only, Rows - %Total of Rows, Columns - %Total of Columns, %Total of Grand Total).
- Click the Select Faculty button to use the faculty selection tool to select faculty to include in the report. See documentation on Working with the Faculty Selection Tool to learn how to use this tool.
- To filter on an activity classification, select the Activity Classification from the drop down.
- Select the criteria for the activity classification.
- When you are finished customizing your report, click Apply.
- To clear an Activity Classification, click the X next to the filter.
- Click Build Report. The report loads.
- Click on any hyperlinks that are available to see a different view of the data.
For example, click on the hyperlink for Spring 2015 for the College of Business to view the totals by a faculty member in the College of Business.
- The total for each faculty member displays. To drill down further and view the details for a specific faculty member, click the number/hyperlink for that faculty member.
The details display for the faculty member.
- To edit the data, click the Edit (pencil) icon.
Note: Althought an Edit (pencil) icon may exist, the data may not be editable in report view. If that is the case, the following message will appear when the Edit icon is selected:
- To sort the data in the report by a particular column, click the column heading.
- To view the report using a different activity, select the activity from the drop down and then click the Refresh Report button.
For those sections that can have more than one record per faculty member (i.e. Teaching, Advising Load, Institutional Committees, Grants, etc.), the report can be grouped by faculty.
To view the report grouped by faculty:
- Select Grouped by Faculty from the Table Format drop down.
- Click Refresh Report to view the updated report.
Adding a Column to the Report
- To add a column to the report, click View.
- A list of additional columns display. Select the columns to be displayed in the report and click the Update button. The report refreshes to show new columns.
Exporting to File
The Actions button at the top of the page can be used to print, export to Word, export to Excel, and export to PDF.
Note: Sorting the data applies only to the display the sort will not be reflected in the export options. If a different sort order is desired, the data should be exported to Excel, where the sort order can then be modified.
Exporting to Quicklinks
To add the report as a Quicklink, either:
- Click in the upper right of the page on Quicklinks link.
- Select Add This Page as a Quicklink