Create an Ad Hoc Reports
With Ad Hoc Reports, users have the ability to craft their own reports to show specific information that is most relevant for them. After spending the time to create the exact report that is desired, users can set them as Quicklinks for easy access at a later date. An Ad Hoc report can show a lot of different information and can display the titles for specific needs. When running an Ad Hoc report, users will have access to the Unit Selector, Form Selector, Date Ranges, and Add Data Column.
Report access is based upon a user's permissions. For example, a provost might have permissions to access all reports at the university level and below, while deans might only have access to reports for their colleges.
Create an Ad Hoc Report
1. Navigate to Ad Hoc Reports under Reports
Navigation: Administration > Reports > Ad Hoc Reports
- Navigate to Reports under the Administration section of the navigation menu.
- Click Ad Hoc Reports under the Administrative Reports section.
2. Fill out information
- Select information under the Configure Basic Reporting Options section.
- Click the Add Data Column button to choose a new data column
- While making selections for the fields, from left-to-right, the next field will populate with new options to select in order to generate the exact column you want.
- When you make a selection, you have the ability to name the column whatever you like with the Column Title field.
- Click Okay to insert your custom field.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) to edit the field again.
By selecting Add Data Column multiple times, you can add more than one empty field to customize.