Request a Letter of Recommendation on Behalf of an Applicant
Committee Managers and Administrators can request confidential letters of recommendation directly from recommenders on behalf of an applicant. This allows, for instance, a committee to request recommendations from a list of potential recommenders suggested by the applicant without involving the applicant in the request process.
To get a view of this process from the perspective of an evaluator receiving the request, see this article for letter writers on How to: Submit a Letter of Recommendation Requested By a Committee or Institution .
Making a New Request
1. Navigate to the applicant's profile page
2. Click Positions from the navigation bar
3. Click the name of the position
4. Select the applicant from the list of applications
5. Click the Actions button and then select Request recommendation
6. Fill out the request form, set a due date for the recommendation, and write an email message to recommenders
Letter writers will receive the message you create along with instructions for submitting the recommendation.
You can request recommendations from more than one letter writer at once as shown below.
When requesting recommendations from multiple writers, you can use text variables to automatically fill in the first and last name of each letter writer
You can also attach files from the materials submitted by the applicant
Select a document to include with the request
The request will display under the "Requested Recommendations" section that appears under Internal Documents once a recommendation is requested.
While it is still pending, you can resend, edit & resend, or cancel the request.