Managing Data in Faculty Classifications - Overview
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configure the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
Faculty classification data are stored by Term and Year. This concept is very important to remember as updating data can have unintended consequences.
The method used to update faculty classifications will have options that will affect how data is populated and stored in the database. It is possible to overwrite previously entered data if the incorrect options are selected.
It is important to understand the consequences of selecting the term / year for which to populate data. For example: When updating a faculty classification for a faculty member, such as Tenure Status, depending on the method selected and the options available, the data can be populated for only one term / year (Fall 2015) or beginning with the term specified (Fall 2015 and every term forward). If the tenure status had already been updated for Fall 2016, any existing data will be overwritten with the new tenure status beginning with the Fall 2015 term.
Once faculty classifications have been created, faculty classification data can be added and managed via the following methods:
- Bulk upload (see Upload Base Data)
- Manual input using the Create Input Form option in the Administration section.
- Input forms are used by administrators to input faculty classifications and/or collect data from faculty.
- In addition, these input forms can be used as a supplementary form to collect or provide additional information as part of the systems evaluation process.
- Send the input form to faculty via the Communications feature. This is the only method to allow faculty to enter data for the faculty classification.
- Manual input using the Input Faculty Classifications option in the Administration section.
- Manual input on a per faculty basis via the Faculty Form (Administration > Add/Edit > Faculty).
- Update directly via the Faculty Classification report.
- Printable form for faculty
- Ad hoc Reports
- Faculty Classification Report
- Filter in the faculty selection tool
- Accreditation Reports
- Evaluations as a supplementary form to collect or provide additional information
Any new faculty classifications created by the institution will be added as available fields to the Faculty Classifications upload form.
- Refer to the instructions to Configure the Upload form.
- Once configured, Upload the base data(INSERT HYPERLINK IMPLEMENTATION).