Apply to a Position Hosted with Interfolio
Many institutions have partnered with Interfolio, and are running their searches for jobs, grants, fellowships, and post-docs through the Interfolio platform. These opportunities are called Interfolio-hosted positions, and anyone can apply for free to Interfolio-hosted positions. These applications do not count against the 50 annual deliveries that come with a subscription to Dossier Deliver.
When you apply for an Interfolio-hosted position, your free Dossier account will be created. Any materials you attach to your application will also be added to your Dossier account to easily attach to future applications hosted through Interfolio.
Apply to a position
1. Sign in or Create a Free Dossier Account
- On the job listing, click Apply Now For Free.
- Sign in or create a free Dossier account.
Applying for Interfolio-hosted positions is always free. Upgrade to Dossier Deliver to send your Dossier materials to non-Interfolio applications.
- If your profile is not complete, you will be prompted to complete it in order to apply for the Interfolio-hosted position. The information provided will be shared with the institutions.
2. Upload Required Documents
More information about the position and requirements can be found by selecting Position Details in the top right-hand corner of the application.
- Click Add File to add the required materials.
- If materials have already been uploaded to the Dossier account, they will show up in the dropdown list on the tab labeled Choose Existing.
- To upload new files, click the Add New File tab.
- Click Add when finished.
- Click the Name of the desired document to preview how it will appear to the recipient receiving the application.
When enough documents have been added to satisfy a requirement, a green check will display. Each file must show a status of Received with a timestamp below in order for the application to submit. If you do not see the timestamp, refresh the page or replace the file.
- Click Next Step when finished adding the required documents.
3. Request/Add confidential letters of recommendation
Applicants cannot upload confidential letters of recommendation themselves. Users can choose to use a letter already stored in Dossier, or request a new recommendation.
Letter writers can submit letters even after the deadline for an application has passed. When a letter writer submits their letter, it will be saved to the applicants Dossier account and available to use for future applications.
To use existing recommendations simply select them from the list and click Add.
- Select the Request a Recommendation tab.
- Click Request to begin the process.
- Fill out the recommendation request form.
When the recommendation from the letter writer is received it will be added to the Dossier account and attached to the application. The request will appear with the status Pending until it is received from the writer.
Note that to complete the requirement, the letter just has to be requested. The requirement is considered complete when all required letters have been requested and/or added.
Edit, replace, or remove a letter
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon adjacent to the document to be edited. Only the name can be edited. If any other changes need to be made, you must cancel the request and recreate it.
- Click Replace in the bottom right corner of the window to replace the letter or request.
- Click the Remove (trashcan) icon to remove the request or letter from the application.
The document will be removed from the application only. A copy will remain stored in the Dossier account. Refer to this help article for more information on how to cancel the request and notify the letter writer that it is no longer needed.
4. Submit Application
- Click Submit when all requirements are met to submit the application.
- All requirements must be met and have a green checkmark.
- All uploaded files must also show the status Received with a timestamp. Try refreshing the page if you do not see this. If you are unable to submit your application, check out this article for troubleshooting suggestions.
Where can I find more information about how to format required documents?
The institution may share more information about their expectations, such as format, for the requested requirements using one of the following methods:
- Directly below the listed requirement.
- In the Position Details section linked in the top right-hand corner of the application page.
- Check out this article on accepted file types.
How do I add additional documents that are not listed as requirements?
The institution may include a section for applicants to add additional documents. If you do not see this section on the application, reach out to the institution directly.
Why am I unable to submit my application?
Check out this article for more information on common issues when trying to submit an application and how to troubleshoot those issues: