Apply to a Position Hosted with Interfolio
Many institutions have partnered with Interfolio, and are running their searches for jobs, grants, fellowships, and post-docs through our platform. These opportunities are called Interfolio-hosted positions, and anyone can apply for free to Interfolio-hosted positions. These applications do not count against the 50 annual deliveries that come with a subscription to Dossier Deliver.
When applying for an Interfolio-hosted position, materials will be added to your Dossier account. Opportunities can be searched for from directly within our program, and with an upgrade to Dossier Deliver, the application materials uploaded to your Dossier account can be used to apply to any position, even ones not in Interfolio. By upgrading to Dossier Deliver, your materials can be shared and feedback can be received from reviewers.
Apply to a position
Apply from Ad for position
If an institution is using Interfolio to run a search, there will be a link to apply on the announcement or ad for the position.
- Click Apply Now For Free.
- You will be asked to sign in or create an account.
Log into Interfolio and search for position
- Select Deliveries from the left hand navigation.
- Click New Delivery in the upper right-hand corner.
Search for positions by keyword, or enter the name of the position or institution under Find an Opportunity.
If you have not yet upgraded your account to include a Dossier Deliver subscription, you will be prompted to upgrade. You can ignore the upgrade popup box and follow the instructions below to search for opportunities listed through Interfolio.
- Click the Title of the position.
- Click Start Application to apply.
After starting the application by following one of the steps above, get started completing the application by following the steps below.
1. Complete Profile
If the user's profile is not completed, they will be prompted to complete it in order to apply to the Interfolio-hosted position. The information provided will be shared with the institutions.
2. Upload Required Documents
All document requirements must be satisfied before submitting the application (or all requirements for a section before submitting the section).
- Click Add File to add required materials.
- If materials have already been uploaded to your Dossier account, they will show up in the dropdown list on the tab labeled Choose Existing.
- If materials have not been uploaded, click the Collections tab where materials can be selected from saved collections.
- To upload new files, click the Add New File tab and drag and drop or browse to upload files to your Dossier.
- Select the checkboxes adjacent to the desired materials.
- Click Add when finished.
- When enough documents have been added to satisfy a requirement, a green check will display.
- Click Next Step when finished adding required documents.
Request and add confidential letters of recommendation
Users can choose to use a letter you already have in your Dossier, or request a new recommendation. Select the tabs below to view more information on how to manage letters of recommendation.
To use existing recommendations simply select them from the list and click Add.
- Select the Request a Recommendation tab.
- Click Request to begin the process.
- Fill out the recommendation request form.
When the recommendation from the letter write is received it will be added to your Dossier and attached to your application. The request will appear with the status Pending until it is received from the writer. Note that to complete the requirement, the letter just has to be requested. The requirement is considered complete when all required letters have been requested and/or added.
Edit, replace, or delete document
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the document to be edited.
- On this window the name can be edited.
- Or, click Replace in the bottom right corner of the window to replace the document. Then select a replacement document and click Add, or click Add New File to upload a new document.
- Click the Delete icon (trash) to delete the document.
The document will be removed from the application only. A copy will remain stored in your Dossier account.
3. Review and confirm application on the overview page.
Click Submit when all requirements are met to submit application.
Note the status row indicating the current state of the application. This row will tell you if the application can be edited, if it has been submitted, withdrawn, or reactivated, and lists the close date of the position.