Apply to a Position Hosted with Interfolio
Many institutions have partnered with Interfolio, and are running their searches for jobs, grants, fellowships, and post-docs through the Interfolio platform. These opportunities are called Interfolio-hosted positions, and anyone can apply for free to Interfolio-hosted positions. These applications do not count against the 50 annual deliveries that come with a subscription to Dossier Deliver.
When you apply for an Interfolio-hosted position, your free Dossier account will be created. Any materials you attach to your application will also be added to your Dossier account to easily attach to future applications hosted through Interfolio.
Apply to a position
1. Sign in or Create a Free Dossier Account
- On the job listing, click Apply Now For Free.
- Sign in or create a free Dossier account. Applying for Interfolio-hosted positions is always free.
- Upgrade to Dossier Deliver to send your Dossier materials to non-Interfolio applications.
- If your profile is not complete, you will be prompted to complete it in order to apply for the position. The information provided will be shared with the institutions.
2. Upload Required Documents
More information about the position and requirements can be found by selecting Position Details in the top right-hand corner of the application.
- Click the Add File button adjacent to each of the listed documents to add the required materials.
- If materials have already been uploaded to the Dossier account, they will show up in the dropdown list on the tab labeled Choose Existing.
- For more information on attaching a Confidential Letter of Recommendation or Evaluation, check out the Request/Add confidential letters of recommendation accordion below.
- To upload new files, click the Add New File tab.
- Click the Add button when finished.
- Click the Name of the desired document to preview how it will appear to the recipient receiving the application.
When enough documents have been added to satisfy a requirement, a green check will display adjacent to Documents on the left-hand side under Application Steps. Each file must show a status of Received with a timestamp below for the application to submit. If you do not see the timestamp, refresh the page (by leaving the application completely and then returning to it) or replace the file with the existing one from your Dossier account.
3. Request/Add confidential letters of recommendation
Applicants cannot upload confidential letters of recommendation themselves.
- Users can choose to use a letter already stored in Dossier, or request a new recommendation.
- Applications can be submitted even when the letter request is still pending.
- Letter writers can submit letters even after the deadline for an application has passed.
- When a letter writer submits their letter, it will be saved to the applicant's Dossier account and available to use for future applications.
The following actions can be done after clicking the Add File button adjacent to the Confidential Letter of Recommendation or Evaluation section.
When the recommendation from the letter writer is received it will be added to the Dossier account and attached to the application. The request will appear with the status Pending until it is received from the writer.
Note that to complete the requirement, the letter just has to be requested. The requirement is considered complete when all required letters have been requested and/or added.
|Edit, replace, or remove a letter
4. Submit Application
Click Submit when all requirements are met to submit the application.
- All requirements must be met and have a green checkmark.
- All uploaded files must also show the status Received with a timestamp. If you do not see one of these traits, the status of the file is not refreshing properly. Toggle to another page of your Dossier account, then return to the application by selecting Deliveries > Edit.
If you are unable to submit your application, check out this article for troubleshooting suggestions.
What happens after I submit?
Once you submit your application, it will become immediately available for the hiring committee to review.
How Can I Check the Status of My Application?
You can review the completion status of your applications on the Deliveries page. The institution may post information about where they are in the hiring process (open for applications, reviewing applicants, etc.) This information can be found in the notes column, but is optional for institutions to share. Interfolio will not share any additional information beyond what is shown on this page.
The Institution may send out emails updating applicants on the status of their application or position. Otherwise, reach out directly to the institution to find out more information.
Check out this article on how to Manage Applications on the Deliveries Page for more information about what Interfolio does share about your application.
Where can I find more information about how to format required documents?
The institution may share more information about their expectations, such as format, for the requested requirements using one of the following methods:
- Directly below the listed requirement.
- In the Position Details section linked in the top right-hand corner of the application page.
- Check out this article on accepted file types.
How do I add additional documents that are not listed as requirements?
The institution may include a section for applicants to add additional documents. If you do not see this section on the application, reach out to the institution directly.
Why am I unable to submit my application?
Check out this article about Why am I unable to submit my application for more information on common issues when trying to submit an application and how to troubleshoot those issues.