Apply to a Position Hosted with Interfolio
Many institutions have partnered with Interfolio, and are running their searches for jobs, grants, fellowships, and post-docs through the Interfolio platform. These opportunities are called Interfolio-hosted positions, and anyone can apply for free to Interfolio-hosted positions. These applications do not count against the 50 annual deliveries that come with a subscription to Dossier Deliver.
When applying for an Interfolio-hosted position, materials will be added to the Dossier account. Opportunities can be searched for from directly within the program, and with an upgrade to Dossier Deliver, the application materials uploaded to the Dossier account can be used to apply to any position, even ones not in Interfolio. By upgrading to Dossier Deliver, materials can be shared and feedback can be received from reviewers.
Apply to a position
Select the tabs below to view more information on how to apply to a position.
Apply from Ad for position
If an institution is using Interfolio to run a search, there will be a link to apply on the announcement or an ad for the position.
- Click Apply Now For Free.
- Sign in or create an account.
Log into Interfolio and search for position
- Select Deliveries from the left-hand navigation.
- Click New Delivery in the upper right-hand corner.
Search for positions by keyword, or enter the name of the position or institution under Find an Opportunity.
If account has not yet been upgraded to include a Dossier Deliver subscription, the platform will provide a prompt to upgrade. It is possible to ignore the upgrade popup box and follow the instructions below to search for opportunities listed through Interfolio.
- Click the Title of the position.
- Click Start Application to apply.
After starting the application by following one of the steps above, get started completing the application by following the steps below.
1. Complete Profile
If the user's profile is not completed, they will be prompted to complete it in order to apply to the Interfolio-hosted position. The information provided will be shared with the institutions.
2. Upload Required Documents
All document requirements must be satisfied before submitting the application (or all requirements for a section before submitting the section). More information about the requirements can be found by selecting Position Details in the top right hand corner.
- Click Add File to add required materials.
- If materials have already been uploaded to the Dossier account, they will show up in the dropdown list on the tab labeled Choose Existing.
- If materials have not been uploaded, click the Add button to add new materials to collections.
- To upload new files, click the Add New File tab and drag-and-drop or browse to upload files to Dossier.
- Select the checkboxes adjacent to the desired materials.
- Click Add when finished.
When enough documents have been added to satisfy a requirement, a green check will display.
- Click Next Step when finished adding required documents.
Request and add confidential letters of recommendation
Letter writers can submit letters even after the deadline for an application has passed.
Users can choose to use a letter already stored in Dossier, or request a new recommendation. Select the tabs below to view more information on how to manage letters of recommendation.
To use existing recommendations simply select them from the list and click Add.
- Select the Request a Recommendation tab.
- Click Request to begin the process.
- Fill out the recommendation request form.
When the recommendation from the letter writer is received it will be added to the Dossier account and attached to the application. The request will appear with the status Pending until it is received from the writer.
Check out this article on how to Add to and Manage List of Contacts for further guidance.
Note that to complete the requirement, the letter just has to be requested. The requirement is considered complete when all required letters have been requested and/or added.
Edit, replace, or delete document
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the document to be edited.On this window the name can be edited.
- Click Replace in the bottom right corner of the window to replace the document. Then select a replacement document and click Add, or click Add New File to upload a new document.
- Click the Delete icon (trashcan) to delete the document.
The document will be removed from the application only. A copy will remain stored in the Dossier account.
3. Review and submit application on the overview page.
- Click the Name of the desired document to preview how it will appear to the recipient receiving the application.
- Click Submit when all requirements are met to submit application.
Note the status row indicating the current state of the application. This row will identify if the application can be edited, if it has been submitted, withdrawn, or reactivated, and lists the close date of the position.
Check out this article on how to Manage your Applications on the Deliveries Page for information on how to review, edit, withdraw, or delete your application.
Once you have submitted your application, please reach out to the hiring institution about any status updates on the position. Interfolio cannot provide that information.
Where can I find more information about how to format required documents?
The institution may share more information about their expectations, such as format, for the requested requirements using one of the following methods:
- Directly below the listed requirement.
- In the Position Details section linked in the top right hand corner of the application page.