Add/Edit Administrative Rights
Institutions can manage administrative rights directly within Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR, Faculty180). Administrative rights can be modified by unit based on the organizational structure of your institution. This article reviews the administrative levels that can be assigned to faculty members and administrators.
|None||Has access to their own data.|
|Report Rights||Has access to run reports.|
|Full Admin Rights||Has access to some or all setup options, administrative functions, reports, and other users' accounts.|
When a user has Limited Rights they only have access to the faculty member's menu. Evaluation data for the faculty member is restricted.
Roles to be given full administrative rights
Institutional Software Administrator
This account is created at the highest level of the institution. The Institutional Software Administrator has the ability to allow access to and allow others to grant access for all of the rights options.
Sub-level Unit Software Administrators
These accounts are created at the sub-unit level and can have full administrative rights; however, access is also determined by the access assigned to the unit.
Faculty with Administrative Rights
Deans and Chairs are examples of this types of faculty. These accounts may be tiered throughout the organizational structure. These accounts are created at the subunit level and can have reporting or full administrative rights. However, access is also impacted by the access assigned to the unit.
Staff with administrative rights
Departmental Administrative Support Staff is an example of this type of faculty. Support accounts for these users can be created at the subunit level, and the users can have reporting rights, full administrative rights, or limited rights; however, access is also impacted by access assigned to the unit.
If faculty members and administrators are manually added to FAR, administrative rights can be assigned to them when they are added. For more information, check out our article on how to Add/Edit Faculty.
Grant administrative rights to faculty members and administrators uploaded in bulk
1. Navigate to Administrative Rights under Administration
Navigation: Administration > Administration > Faculty
- Click Administration under the Administration section of the navigation menu.
- Click Administrative Rights under the Add/Edit section.
2. Edit administrative rights for desired faculty member
- Click the hyperlinked number for the unit corresponding to the faculty member to be changed. If necessary, click the plus sign to expand a unit.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the faculty member that you wish to assign administrative rights.
- The Faculty Form screen for the selected faculty member displays.
- If you scroll to the bottom, the Administrative Rights section shows existing administrative rights that may have already been assigned.
- Make the desired changed.
- Click Save when finished.