Update Faculty Classification Directly in Reports
In order for a Faculty Classification to be available in Faculty Classification reports, the option Show as Filter in reports must be set to Yes when creating the Faculty Classification.
Note that this option only applies to those Faculty Classifications with a display type of dropdown select box or multiple item select box.
Updating Faculty Classification Directly in Reports
1. Navigate to Faculty Classification under Reports
Navigation: Administration > Setup > Faculty Classifications
- Click Reports under the Administration section of the navigation menu.
- Click Faculty Classifications under the Administrative Reports section.
2. Build Report
- Click the Change button next to Unit to choose the unit for which the report is to be run.
- Click the Unit Change link to select a different unit or subunit, if necessary.
- Select the Faculty Classification from the Columns drop-down.
- Select the Semester term and year.
- Leave Count Only as the Display Mode.
- To filter the report by faculty, click the Select Faculty link under the Faculty box and specify the faculty to select if desired.
- Click the Build Report button.
- The report displays. Each number is a hyperlink. Click a hyperlink to drill down further on the data.
3. View Report
The specific data for the Faculty Classification displays for each faculty member.
- Click the hyperlink (for example, Non-Tenure Track) to update the data for a specific faculty member. The Set Faculty Classifications form displays.
It is important to select the hyperlink that corresponds to the appropriate term in which the data should be updated. For example, selecting the link for Spring 2015 will update the data for Spring 2015 and every term forward.
- Select the appropriate Faculty Classification from the dropdown.
- Click the Submit button when finished. The screen refreshes to reflect the update to the Faculty Classification for the faculty member.