Configuration: Profile Form
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configure the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
The Profile Form in Faculty180 is used by faculty members to input personal data that tends to remain static over time such as contact information, degrees, credentials, and work experience. Faculty members can, generally, update their profile at any time. All profile data can be included on a faculty members CV or, used in various types of reports.
Customization of this form should be performed at the highest level (e.g., university) and then for the next lower level (e.g., colleges), and so on. The data that is collected creates the basis for reporting and other output (e.g., CVs, institutional reports, accreditation reports, etc.).
Institutions can make the following configuration changes to the Profile Form without the assistance of Interfolio:
- Configure/add custom sections
- Reorder/hide sections
- Specify activity classifications
- Modify section settings
To configure sections in the Profile Form, do the following:
- On the Admin section of the navigation menu, click Setup.
- Click Profile Form in the Configuration section. The Profile Form screen displays.
- Make sure Profile is selected as the Form Type.
- Click the unit designation for the desired profile form.
- Click the Edit icon adjacent to the desired profile form. (To delete a profile form, click the Delete icon.) The Configure Form screen displays.
- To add a custom section, click Add Section. The Add Section screen displays. (See Custom Input Sections for information about the available fields.)
- To change the order of the sections or hide a section, click the Reorder drop-down.
To configure individual sections in the Profile Form, click the Edit icon adjacent to the desired section to be configured. When you are finished configuring the Profile Form, click Save. (See How Sections and Fields Work for more information on the sections and fields within a form.)
Default Input Sections
- The Personal Information section displays basic information about the faculty member. This information is often provided by a human resources record.
- Fields may include name, gender, race, etc.
- The Contact Information section displays both personal and professional contact information for the faculty member.
- Fields may include office location / address, phone numbers, home address, etc.
- The Academic Position section displays the current academic position for the faculty member.
- Fields may include title, start date, and rank.
- The Work Experience section is used to document previous position details, to potentially include previous academic positions (ex. Junior faculty position) at this or another institution.
- Fields may include previous position details, start and end dates, organization, and role.
- The Degrees section is used to document and display all degrees earned by the faculty member, and can also include degrees in progress.
- Fields may include degree, year conferred, granting institution, etc.
Professional Licensures & Certifications
- The Professional Licensure & Certifications section is used to note current or past licenses and certifications.
- Fields may include title of certification, date conferred, etc.
Rank and Promotion History
- The Rank and Promotion History section is used by faculty to list each faculty rank they have held at the institution along with the date appointed or promoted to that rank.
- Fields may include faculty rank, start and end dates, department, and institution.
- The Administrative Appointments section allows the faculty member to list administrative or leadership appointments held, current and past, at the institution.
- Fields may include position title, unit/department, and start and end dates.
- The Interests section allows faculty members to list their interests in administrator defined areas. This information can be utilized for finding colleagues with similar interests, or to be published externally (faculty member webpage).
- Fields may include teaching, research, services, clinical, etc.
- The Biography section is used by faculty to display a narrative of their personal, professional, and academic experiences. This section can be utilized:
- To furnish a faculty member webpage.
- To include a personally crafted statement by the faculty member.
- The Military Experience section was designed to capture United States military service. Faculty can use the date selection and narrative to describe their service.
- Fields may include branch, military status, and start and end dates.
- The Post-Graduate Training section is often used by faculty at medical and other health-affiliated schools to list residency, internship, or other placements post-medical school.
- Fields may include type of training, speciality, institution, start and end dates, etc.
- The Professional Licensures section is often used by faculty at medical and other health-affiliated schools to note current or past state or federal licensures.
- Fields may include type, state, year conferred, expiration, etc
- The Certifications section is often used by faculty at medical and other health-affiliated schools to list past and current certifications pertaining to their role or discipline.
- Fields may include organization name, type, speciality, date conferred, expiration date, etc.
- The Additional Trainings section is often used by faculty at medical and other health-affiliated schools to list any additional training (non-professional development, non-degree affiliated) pertaining to their role or discipline.
- Fields may include institution, speciality, start and end dates, etc.
Hospital / Clinical Appointments
- The Hospital / Clinical Appointments section is often used by faculty at medical and other health-affiliated schools to document current and past hospital appointments, noted separately from academic appointments and administrative roles.
- Fields may include position title, hospital, and start and end dates.