Close (and reopen) or delete a Case
Administrators can close cases in Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure from either the case list or the individual case page of a candidate.
When a case reaches the final step, a "Close Case" button will appear on the Case page. After closing the case you will be asked to apply a final status or "decision" to the case.
You can also close cases from the "More options" menu at the top right of the Case page.
From the case list, Administrators can close more than one case at a time if the cases share the same final status, or you want to assign them the same final status.
The article below provides instructions for closing cases in Interfolio P&T.
1. Click to open the candidate's Case page
2. Click the "Case Options" menu to the right of the page and select "Close Case"
3. Select a final decision (status) from the dropdown menu of available case statuses, or you can add a new custom status
1. Select all the cases you want to close on the case list page
2. Click "Close Cases" to the far right of the menu bar that opens above the case list
3. Select a decision from the dropdown menu indicating the final status of the selected cases
When cases are closed they will no longer appear in the list of active cases.
1. Click "Filter" above the list of cases
2. Click "Closed" to filter the list to display closed cases
1. Follow the instructions above for filtering the case list to show only closed cases
2. Click to select the cases you want to close
3. Click "Reopen" in the menu bar that opens when cases are selected
Only Institutional Administrators can delete a case, and only once the case has been closed.